Materials and Construction
The portable buildings we sell are only as good as the materials and craftsmanship we use. At Backyard Outfitters Inc., we believe it is our responsibility to make products that are both beautiful and sturdy. While other builders might use cheaper materials to make higher profit margins, we have chosen offer a quality product at a fair price. Below are some of the distinct advantages that our portable buildings have over our competition:
- On the pressure treated product line, siding is 5/8 inch pressure treated plywood.
- On the painted product line, the siding we use is LP® SmartSide® Panel siding.
- On the metal product line, all metal used is 29 gauge metal.
- Floor decking on all buildings is 5/8 inch pressure treated, marine grade plywood or treated tongue and groove LP® Prostruct® Floor with SmartFinish® with a beautiful, durable overlay for a premium appearance.
- Skids and floor joists on all buildings are pressure treated.
- Exposed nails are ring shank & galvanized for maximum strength, which means no rust spots.
- All buildings come with locks and keys.
- Pressure treated buildings are water sealed.
- 30 year architectural shingles – All of our pressure treated and painted buildings are available with quality, residential grade 30 year shingles.
- 29 gauge metal roof – All of our metal buildings come with 29 gauge metal roofs. This is also an available option on pressure treated and painted buildings.
- Wall studs on pressure treated and painted buildings are 24 inch on center, doubled under siding seams to help seal building, same strength as 16 inch on center (as in home construction).
- Wall studs on metal buildings are 4ft. on center with double lathing strips for extra support and stability.
- Floor joists are 2×4’s (2×6’s are available as an option), 16 inch on center and set into notched skids to prevent twisting. (Floor joists never span more than about 5 ft without being supported by a 4×6 skid.) Floor Joists are 12 inch on center on all Garages and 10×20 size buildings.
- Skids are pressure treated 4×6’s not 4×4’s.
- Our highly skilled work force use Mennonite craftsmanship on every building.
- Any building can be customized to fit your needs. If you see a building you like, but want to add more options, remove an option, or move standard features, let us know. More than likely, we can fulfill your need.
- Our builders are very creative and are equipped to meet customer requests.
- On special order buildings, you can specify what kind of roof you would like. There are a variety of different shingle and metal colors for you to choose from depending on your location. Stop by or contact your local sales office for details!
At Backyard Outfitters, we want you to enjoy your portable building for years to come and for that to happen it requires the highest quality materials and superior craftsmanship. If you are in the need for more storage space, give us a call and we will help you find the perfect building for your unique situation.
DOWNLOAD Our FREE 2017 Buying GUIDE!
Over 90% of people now do research on the internet before buying a product. At Backyard Outfitters Inc., we have put together a Building Buying Guide to help you understand the different types and sizes of buildings that are available. Our buying guide also includes our complete pricing list along with all available options and construction details. Download our FREE guide today!!